Usually schools in France begins in September or October. If you want to apply for a school, you can find the application form on their website, and download it. You can also contact the universities and get the form from them. French embassy in your respective country might also help you out with the forms. Here are the steps :
- Fill up and sign the form.
- You have to pay the application fees which are not refundable.
- You need to proof that you have enough money on your account to fund your studies.
- Have a valid passeport.
- You will be asked to give complete details of your education background, including course subjects and grades.
- If you are applying for university, you will have to submit an official transcript from each institution you have attended after secondary school. It will have to give full details of subjects, credits involved and other details like correspondence courses, diplomas, … (if the original documents are not in English, you will have to provide a copy translated in good English, it has to be certified or attested by a notary, or a solicitor, or an official of the institution who issued the document.
- For international students, you need to send your IELTS/TOEFL scores as a proof of your English level.
Admission procedure :
- Once you submitted your complete filled application form, French university will give you and admission offer. Prior to this you will need to apply and get a student visa for France.
- Once you reach France, you have to go and report to your institution and pay the tuition fees for the year. Only after that you will receive a proof of enrollment and your student ID card.
- With you student ID card you can get a residency permit.
- Once you are done with all the administrative registration process you can report to your academic department in the institution.
For public universities:
International students who are Interested in a 3rd year degree need to pay around 2770€ per year. A master’s degree can cost around 3770€ per year.
For private universities:
France is more affordable than other countries for studies, within 10000€ to 50000€ per year you can complete your diploma in a private school.